Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Uh Oh! My ox done died and Ma's got dysentery.

In the 11.5 hours I drove today I passed through 4 states (ok, maybe not a feat for East Coasters, but a way bigger deal for us West Coasters). Much of today's drive was also along the Oregon Trail. I really tried to see the road through the eyes of the pioneers who made the harrowing trek across the country (although I wasn't willing to give up my AC or ipod). I can only imagine how happy they would have been as they crested the mountain and saw the lush green banks of this river.


Oh, how things have changed over the years. My joy now comes from things like this (seen at the Arrowhead Truckstop just before Pendleton, OR):

~ I'm settled in for the night in my cushy hotel room in Yakima, WA. I made it into town with enough time to pick up some pizza before tuning into some season premieres. Only one short day of driving left between me and unpacking Tobey! Look out PA, here I come!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Oh Aunt Flo...that's epic.