The road-trip ended up being super fun, as were my stops along the way. It was great to get to see places that wouldn’t have normally made my must visit list (Moab & Yakima). I got in Wednesday night and as of Friday mid-day I am already a little lonely and bored. I spent the first day cleaning up the house and making room for my stuff and started the major unloading today, and if you’ll remember I’m in WA, so of course it was raining. The flooded front tile steps and my flip flops were not friends and I ended up falling on my booty twice while loaded down with bags. Needless to say, I’m delaying the rest of my unloading until they dry out, which let’s face it, could be next summer. :] It’s been crazy to see how little stuff I actually brought with me. I don’t think it will be a problem to find a place for everything, which is nice. I’m now in the process of re-claiming the guest room as my own so I’ll be comfortable during my as-of-yet undetermined length of stay at the lake.
Things I like so far:
1) The smell of WA. It’s so distinctive, I know I’m home when I smell it.
2) Waking up to see water out my front window. Heavenly
3) Access to WE, Style, Oxygen, and HBO. Ahhh.
Things I don’t like so far:
1) I realize I could go a long time without talking to anyone unless I come up with some creative ways to meet people (my mom’s in Cali until early October).
2) Accessing the internet from the lake might require a tinfoil hat and some yoga poses.
3) It’s a little weird to see people I knew back in the day without knowing if they remember me and therefore whether or not I should say hello.
4) The temptation to buy comfy/ugly shoes is getting stronger and stronger. I see a pair of Uggs in my future!
1 comment:
The image of you wearing a tinfoil hat and doing yoga poses made me happy. I miss you!
Post a Comment