is the speed limit. Lovin' 75 mph. You know what else I love about New Mexico? Leaving it. How is it that the entire state of New Mexico is undergoing road construction? Lame. I made it safely to Moab tonight after enduring a pretty nasty rain storm through the corner of Colorado. I saw the storm from New Mexico and it was pretty daunting.

Things learned on the roadtrip so far:
1) A variety of snacks purchased at the Walmarts before the trip cuts down on stop-along-the-way time.
2) Books on tape are pretty awesome. This is my first roadtrip alone and my first opportunity to try them out. Michelle gave me "The Mermaid Chair" audiobook quite a few years back and before now I've always forgotten to take it with me.
I'm super glad it was saved until now b/c it's a welcome break from the monotony of long stretches of Navajo reservation.
3) Driving alone lends itself to lots of singing out loud. So what? Who cares?
4) Always save some upbeat, sing at the top of your lungs music for the last hour or two. It helps keep the lead foot in check.
Saw this on the way into Moab (I believe it was near Canyonlands). I see Moab's appeal: super cute downtown and lots of rugged outdoor types. :] Headed to Arches National Park tomorrow for some more sight-seeing before heading up to Megan's.
Say a little prayer my hotel is bedbug free.
3 comments:
That last picture looks like the Earth's nipple is just welcoming you and guiding you on your journey. You know what they say, "if lost, just look for the giant areola!" Or maybe that's just what Lance says?!
Vince- You'll also love the two towns in Colorado that I passed through: Cahone & Arriola.
What a great roadtrip documentation...I just wish you were driving in the opposite direction.
Post a Comment