The Harringtons were kind enough to put me up for a few days to milk Lubbock for all it was worth before leaving. We had a good time eating Lubbock delicacies and just spending time together. They played a huge part in making Lubbock home for me and Friday nights with all of them will be sorely missed (even Stanley and his oddly heavy paws). I'm also having a really hard time breaking the habit of referring to myself in the third person as TT (part Stephanie, part Auntie?). I knew that it wouldn't matter what Kate called me, as long as she called me. And who could say no to this little nugget? It's been such a pleasure getting to see her grow up over the past two years and I'm constantly amazed that each phase is even more fun than the last. I can't even think about what I'll miss being so far away. :[
Kate & TT 5 days old at Fish Fry Friday
Kate & TT doing what they do: 25 months old
Cleaning out my apartment turned out to be way more work than I expected. Numerous runs to both Goodwill and the dumpster helped along with good friends who came to take a lot of stuff off my hands. I also learned to love Craigslist. In short order I sold my couches and gave away my bed. I realize now that I should have taken before and after pictures of my progress, but I had a lot to do, yo.
Tobey is now loaded down with all of my earthly belongings (minus 2 boxes of books and clothes that just wouldn't fit). He's equipped with new tires and just itching to hit the open road. Hildoug's amazeballs grad gift: the iPhd (iPod for PhDs, duh) will help me pass the time through the desolate wasteland that is New Mexico. The caravan heads out Wednesday morning for points West. Stay tuned for updates from the road.
1 comment:
tears...
Post a Comment