Monday, July 19, 2010

Which came first?

I have a thing for intelligently bizarre men (not to be confused with bizarrely intelligent men). Case in point, Zach Galifianakis. From The Hangover to SNL, my crush has continued to grow. I think that Dinner for Schmucks might just cinch the deal and it’ll be time to order my
Team Zach t-shirt.

Over the weekend I had two different friends tell me that they had men they wanted to set me up with.

Description of Dude #1: He’s a really great guy with a healthy dose of redneck in him. The only con is that he’s missing some teeth. This was reframed by telling me that missing teeth could easily be fixed after I find a job with benefits.

Description of Dude #2: He’s a single guy in my friend’s ward (these days that’s all it takes for people to think they should set me up with someone). The con is that my friend predicts that he has a porn addiction. The reframe was that I could just love him into recovery.

So, does my love of unique characters lead my friends to try to set me up with these types? Or is it the increasing number of friends trying to set me up with oddballs that has influenced my preference?

Talk amongst yourselves….

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Maybe you are intelligently bizarre too so your friends like to set you up with interestingly odd situations?

Tiffany said...

I mean, between those---you could either provide charity to folks without $$ for teeth (honorable) or develop a serious co-dependency. What will it be, what will it be???

Drew and Bitar said...

I love your post...AND I have someone I'd like for you to meet...