Friday, July 2, 2010

Guilt-free time

It's been so long since I've done nothing and genuinely had nothing to do. It's been a whirlwind few weeks filled with a rush to finish my dissertation, defend it, and make changes. I'm now waiting on approval of my changes before submitting my final version to the grad school. Then I'm free at last! Free at last!

So, what do you do when you're done with school? No, not look for a job, silly. Find a new hobby! So far, I've tried my hand at party planning-so far so good if I do say so myself. I also picked up some cool notecards that you can cross stitch on before sending off, so I'll also be giving that a try. Maybe blogging will experience a re-birth too? Here's to hoping!

The weekend also entails a lot of cleaning, organizing, and cheesy movie watching. It seems like nature likes my plan too as the forecast calls for rain, rain, and more rain, which makes staying in doors that much more appealing since drainage is a foreign thing here in Texas making street flooding a very common occurrence. Good thing I haven't started collecting cats, or my little homebound weekend could turn from rejuvenating to creepy real quick. :]

1 comment:

Drew and Bitar said...

You are too funny. I hope this blogging thing works out.