***Spoiler Alert*** If you are planning to come visit me (which would totally be worth a little piggy bank smashing) you might experience a little déjà vu during your trip after reading this post.
Hildoug and I made the most of her time on the North Olympic Peninsula. To get here she got to take a ferry and cross a floating bridge (ooooh, ahhhh). We jumped into PA’s cuisine head first with a trip to Frugals for burgers and shakes (mmmm rootbeer shake). We then headed down to the pier to take in the view while eating. Little did we know that we would also be treated to a performance by “Dancing Hands” (a local drum circle). I blame myself for not having a picture of this awesomeness to share with you. I’ll do better next time I swear. We also drove around looking for the “unipus” (this news story is funny on sooooo many levels).Hildoug also got the full tour of town and I took her out to my favorite contemplation spot, “The Spit”. Besides serving as a high school make-out spot (no, not for me, I was in band, remember?) it also gives you a great view of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the downtown area.
We did a little lounging before heading into town to check out The Odyssey bookstore before grabbing a late lunch at Togas Soup House. His crab Panini will seriously make you wanna smack yo mama. We then capped off the afternoon with a little hot tubbin’ in the rain and are about to do a little Jersey Shore Watching. Good times, all around!
No trip to PA is complete without a little West End adventure, which includes a visit to Forks and LaPush for all things Twilight as well as a hike to my favorite waterfall. It was my first visit to La Push and there was the cutest little Quillayute boy working at the gas station we stopped at. I bet those boys are killing it with the ladies these days! I got a kick crossing over the “treaty line” on our way to the water. First beach was pretty, but super windy and rainy. We literally jumped out of the car to take a quick photo before heading back on our way.


My big splurge of the week was an Olympic National Park Annual pass (which paid for itself after our visit to Sol Duc and Hurricane Ridge). We hoofed it up to the Ridge on a pretty overcast day, but luckily we got up high enough to break through the clouds and enjoy a little stroll overlooking some of the mountain range.

Hilary deemed the trip a great mix of lounging and adventure time and I totally agree. She did an amazing job getting up on the Stand Up Paddle Board her first time as I gave the kayak its inaugural cruise. We had one gorgeous day and made the most of it by spending it on the lake.
We also caught a showing of “The Town” at the old theater downtown. The movie was even showing in the upstairs theater, which is by far my favorite. If the super stained carpet could talk, I bet it would also remember me from my middle school viewings of “The Bodyguard” and “Dances with Wolves”. On a sidenote: I liked the Town and was rooting for the “bad guys” the whole time. My love of wounded bad boys doesn’t bode well for long term relationships, I’m just sayin’….
It’s always fun to have people visit and help me be a tourist in my own time (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). While PA leaves a lot to be desired in terms of hot nightlife, I’m constantly amazed at the natural beauty that is literally everywhere you look. If you’re looking to get back to nature, look no further…and give me a call!

1 comment:
I didn't get the invite to join you two AGAIN! When's the next trip so I can just crash it.
Post a Comment