Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fit to be Fried

Friday night started out with a long overdue trip to the Cracker Barrel for Fish Fry Friday with Mike, Amanda, and Baby Kate (we missed you Bran!).

Then it was on to the second round of action. See when you are single you can hang with your married friends early and then cruise out to the single scene later. This way I get the best of both worlds and the marrieds don't fall asleep on me as I'm hitting my second wind.

The second round that night consisted of a house party at another friend's place. She had a great fire going, some good cider, and one fella set the mood with some acoustic guitar playing. Then came the reason for this post: they busted out "I love the 80's: trivia". Teams were randomly assigned and of course my teamed smoked the competition. I fear that again people won't want to play b/c we whooped them so bad. In all honesty, I was more of a support player this go round, but did help out by knowing the first names of the infamous Menendez brothers, some random facts about Reeboks and The Facts of Life, and was able to sing the Different Strokes theme song.

There were cries of our team being stacked, to which we replied it couldn't be since it was random.

That little exchange led to what I believe is the best name for a quiz team ever: "Randomly Stacked". I will so be using that in the future, hopefully in a venue that allows me to pad my pockets a little bit.

3 comments:

Michelle Panik said...

Erik and Lyle!

*Every*one knows the Diff'rent Strokes theme (note the hip hyphen). Could you sing the Facts of Life song, too?

Abercornucopia said...

Woo Hoo! Maybe we should go head to head next time I'm out in San Diego. I also admire your well placed hyphen. Of course I could sing The Facts of Life theme song..."you take the good you take the bad, you take 'em both and there you have...."

ibcandide said...

Haygood, I think we'd dominate at 80's trivia, big time if we were a team! Do you remember the very special episode of FOL where Natalie was deflowered by Snake? Or when Tootie took the lead in South Pacific over Natalie? Or who Cousin Geri is?