The time has come to start putting together my Christmas cards! For me, this means an exhaustive search through iphoto to pick and choose the best photos from the past year (of me, obvi. There might be some great group photos, but if I don’t look good, it doesn’t make the cut). I’m also reflecting on the theme from my last year as well as any high points I want to share with my family and friends.
I know a lot of people are anti-Christmas letters, but I love them! It’s great to get updated on the happs in people’s lives (ok, Facebook might lower the surprise factor of the letters, but still, there’s no denying how exciting it is to get actual, personal mail.) I think there’s an art to the Christmas letter where you can share without sounding like a total braggart. It might be a fine line, but I’ll take my chances. I mean shouldn’t the people you are sending these cards to be rooting for you anyway? I love hearing about people’s successes (and seeing pictures of their super cute babies or puppies isn’t too bad either.) I don’t send them to my arch nemeses or anything, but hey, that might not be such a bad idea during one of my more stellar years! :]
The thought of Christmas cards also excites my inner stationery hoarder. I justify my stationery purchases with the knowledge that it at least serves the practical purpose of keeping in touch with people (that is if I don’t keep it to myself due it’s overwhelming cuteness). Well this year, I don’t even need to justify the expenditure b/c Shutterfly is hooking me up with some free holiday cards for blogging about them. Hallelujah!
Here are a few of the cards that I’m drooling over:
How cute is this? A great way to include the year’s highlights as part of the card’s design. I’m kind of wordy though, not sure I could keep it so short. We’ll keep looking.

You know that I love me some sparkles! It might be a bit classier than I’m looking for this year, though.

Shimmer Sparkle Shine Christmas Card
In the words of Rachel Zoe, “I die.” I would give anything to have this be the appropriate choice for me next year!

Bright City Lights Christmas Card
What, you thought I’d give away my pick for the year? Hardly. The surprise if half the fun! Final decision coming to a mailbox near you in December.
If you blog and want in on Shutterfly’s deal click here. And remember, I love getting cards as much as I love sending them. :]
136 E. 8th St PMB 138
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Don’t worry I haven’t gone all crazy and posted my home address. This is the mailbox we use in town. I guess if someone wanted to they could try and stalk me there, but the lady who works there is really mean. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
1 comment:
Can't wait to get mine in the mail...do you have our new address?
Post a Comment