Story #1:
Went to a new optometrist today. I was sitting in the chair contact-less (read: blind) and in walks the optometrist who I deem to be cute in a blurry sort of way (i.e., under 35, Southern accent, good smelling cologne.....what wasn't so blurry was the band of silver around his left ring finger) Anyway, as he's checking out my eyes he's making small talk and asks about my hobbies and then asks if I'm married to which I say, no I'm single. No joke, he then proceeds to scoot across the room on his rolly chair to crack open the door to the exam room. Then justifies it by saying that he needs some more air and that I should let him know if having the door open bothers me.
How's that for subtle???? We're fine in the semi-dark exam room until he realizes I'm single and then suddenly the room is stuffy. I know I couldn't have been eyeing him salaciously or anything similar because I couldn't focus on anything. Yet somehow I'm a pariah when it's discovered that I'm single? Weird question to be asking your patient anyway, buddy.
Story #2:
At FHE tonight my friend was playing a mix she titled "Junior High Dance" which was a smattering of hits that you would likely hear at said event over the years. So, a Christina Aguilera song comes on and a first year student asks me "What time does this remind you of? I deflect said loaded question and flipped it back on her (I am a therapist, you recall).
Her answer? "It reminds me of 6th grade."
My response: "Sixth grade? Holy crap! I was a junior in college when this song came out. I don't think we should play this game anymore."
Camomflage
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment