Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cowboys are my weakness.....

This weekend the rodeo was in town so I was finally able to follow through on White Trash Friday complete with dressing up! We actually had 8 people come out and six of them were game enough to dress up. Unfortunately, I didn't get a pic of everybody together, but there was a pretty good showing. One of my buddies wore a mullet wig, the other grew out his scruff for the week and showed up in a pearl snap (bestill my heart!). After heading to Cracker Barell for Fish Fry Friday we headed up to the rodeo. Now this is the third rodeo that I've been to in Lubbock and I think the best so far, maybe because I knew more what to expect. I'm still going out on a limb and claiming that mutton bustin' is my favorite event.
Here's my outfit from the rodeo. I was going more for trailer dweller who just won the lotto. Notice the denim on denim, horse shirt, dream catcher earrings, strappy gold sandals and blue eye shadow to boot. I even busted out Victoria Secret Body Spray (after winning the lotto a girl's gotta splurge somehow). Hotness! I was tempted to scratch off some of my toenail polish to complete the look, but didn't think that I could stand to look at my jacked up toes for the whole evening (I have a thing about immaculate pedicures.)
We had some good conversations while watching the Rodeo too. I decided that my event would probably be barrel racing and my theme song would be "Rock you like a hurricane" by the Scorpions. I asked the fellas what event they would like to participate in and we had one response of bronc riding and the other was calf roping. Which fit both of their personalities, you've got the bronc rider who's more wild and manly in a way and then the roper who's more about precision and agility. While my initial instinct is to be attracted to bull riders (c'mon how hot is that, he just rode a freaking bull!) I think I'm starting to lean towards ropers. A sign of maturity perhaps? :]


Regardless of event, I've come to realize there's just sumpin' 'bout them country boys. Friday night at the rodeo we also got to stick around for a concert by Jason Meadows (if you know him from anything it's probably his song "18 videotapes"). He was good in concert and his accent was so thick you could hardly make out what he was saying...and yet again I found it pretty stinking hot.

To finish off my weekend of all things country, the movie "8 Seconds" was on tv today. Makes the rodeo life look pretty enticing......


No comments: