Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mad laser skills

So, I babysat for my friend's son last weekend. Well actually, I was a "pre-teen companion" because goodness knows that 11 year olds do not need babysitters. That was basically the theme of the weekend.....constant reminders of the things that he could do for himself. Of course, one of the things he couldn't do for himself was drive to the "Main Event Entertainment Complex" and pay for laser tag and video games. So, I happily stepped into the role of credit card on legs with a set of wheels.

It was the second time in as many weeks that I'd gotten to play laser tag. The first time was with some other friends and I didn't realize how much fun it was. I got into it the first time and was running all over shooting people and attacking the other side's base. I did alright the first time around, but brought it home my second round. Top scorer on my team and No. 2 overall. There was a kid in line scoping everyone out and I heard him make a comment that he was probably the most athletic person there. Haha sucker. You got chumped by an old lady! I tried not to rub it in to the 11 year old too much 'cuz I didn't want to make him cry, but I was pretty proud of myself. I'm now looking for others to step up and give me a run for my money. We'll see if that was just a fluke or if I have another skill set I need to be tapping into. How could I work "laser tag prodigy" into my vita?

1 comment:

melissa smith said...

That is so awesome. I love laser tag at main event. I also took it very seriously. but my stats are not near as impressive as you. WOW. andy's little sister.