We have weekly staff meetings at work and they are bit uncomfortable. Everyone gets along well, but there's that weird boundary between how serious and how relaxed we can be. I of course lean to the less serious side.
One of my friends is pregnant at work and she let us know a few weeks ago that her baby was now considered a fetus. I then decided that her child would be known from then on as "Cletus the Fetus". I then proceeded to laugh hysterically and couldn't stop. One of those laughs where you almost cry. My cheeks hurt and I could hardly see because I was laughing so hard. Then I couldn't stop because I was so embarassed. I could see my boss (through my squint) giving me an odd look and this made it that much harder to stop. It had been quite some time since I'd had such a laughing fit and it although awkward it was a nice change.
Enter this week's staff meeting on Valentine's Day. We had some goodies and the presentation that week was on therapist self care. She had a few different hand outs for us and one of them was on positive self speak and dealt with making a valentine to yourself. She busted out the glitter glue and at first I was a skeptic. Too messy for me, but then I came up with a brilliant idea. A valentine to myself that embraced my love of all things White Trash. When I explained my little anagram to my colleagues I again started laughing hysterically and couldn't stop. At least this time I heard a few chuckles out of my boss as well. Well played Haygood, well played.

No comments:
Post a Comment