Sunday, June 5, 2011

Texas, Baby.

The last two weekends were a whirlwind with Megan visiting for a midsingles conference in Hunting Beach and then a quick trip out to Texas to meet some new babies over Memorial Day Weekend. Megan sums up the highlights here if you're interested in what it's like to attend a Mormon Midsingles conference.

Now, onto the babies! I started the weekend by flying into Amarillo and was greeted by the Mercado clan and taken to Braum's straight away. Mmmmm ice cream. We spent our precious few hours catching up and playing with babies.

This latest fruit of Rebel's loins: Cullen. He's just about as chill as this picture shows, unless of course he's hungry.
I tried to get a picture with Cadence too, but she wasn't having it. Although this picture doesn't capture it, we had a good time getting our dance on and watching Spongebob SquarePants.

Then I headed South to the LBK to spend the rest of the weekend with the Harringtons and where I had the honor of meeting my Godson, Jude. Look at that face!
My favorite story from the weekend involves bath time. The Harringtons are a great example of great parenting teamwork. Daddy gets Jude naked, Mommy and Kate prepare the bath, while TT and Ginny (Kate's cute name for her Grandma Douglas) take pictures.

Mike was entertaining the crowd by making Jude's butt cheeks talk, but Jude extracted the ultimate revenge and promptly peed on Daddy.

Kate watering Jude to help him grow.

The whole weekend went by way too quickly and although I was happy to get back to my quiet/dirty diaper free apartment, I missed my friends immediately. I'm already looking forward to some California fun times with the babies, hopefully soon!
**End note: I am proud to report that after changing a few boy diapers on this trip I didn't get peed on once!

No comments: