This post is way overdue since I've been living here for over a month now, but I've been busy getting settled in, yo!
Living so close to the beach I've tried to make it a priority to get an evening walk in. I've seen some pretty cool things on my walks. I took a picture of this house during my first week here. It was my favorite at the time. It's a little hard to tell in the picture, but I love how the all white flower scheme in the front pops against the black. This house sits right across from the beach so I assume they are used to taking pictures of it all the time, but I still looked both ways before snapping the picture and scurrying off.
It's also a little like Pleasantville around here. Kids ride their bikes to school, play unsupervised in their front yards (and presumably don't get kidnapped), and take evening strolls with their cute Dads and dogs.
I've also had a few run-ins with some Texans. I was out one night wearing my Tech shirt and a guy started giving me the guns up. At first, I was taken off guard wondering why he was waggling his finger at me, but then I got it. Another time I was walking through the Del and had a group of kids start smiling at me and one of them gave me the guns up. I pulled off my head phones and asked if they were on spring break to which the kid replied, "Yes Ma'am". Ah, how cute.
One not so cute incident happened on my way into Panera. I was walking in behind a guy and his girlfriend when the dude let the door slam in my face, and it wasn't one of those times where I was aways behind him or he couldn't see me. I was literally walking in right behind him and he just let the door close behind him. I remember thinking to myself that would NEVER have happened in Texas.
Texas, oh how I miss your manners, but I think I'll stick with the So Cal scenery.
3 comments:
I cracked up twice. Thank you for your wit. Sorry about the door in your face...and no, that wasn't one of the times I laughed.
It snowed here last weekend. Gosh, that's depressing. When do we get to see pictures of your actual place?
Great blog post about living on Coronado. If you feel so inclined, we would love to have you repost it on eCoronado.com - our readers would eat it up! Again great post. -Steve (Publsiher, eCoronado.com)
Post a Comment