Where haven't I been would probably be a better question. I've had a bunch of good blog ideas in my head over these past few months, but of course never got around to typing them out. I blame the unreliable internet, but more likely it has more to do with me being a bum. I've become a super slacker with my camera and therefore don't have any amazing pics to regale you with. Bad Stephanie!
Here's a quick recap of the past few months:
1) Rebel and her littlest monkey came for a visit. Cadence was a trooper and survived her first plane ride and a few time changes (hello daylight savings time!). My Mom pulled out the big guns and there were toys galore to keep her occupied while her Mommy and I caught up. Cadence dug our walk along the waterfront and had a blast going down the slide and playing on the swings at the dream park (shivering be darned!). I also learned a valuable lesson: Never share your yummy Starbucks drink with a 14 month old. Backwash is inevitable.
2) There was a trip out to Lubbock to hang out with my Harringtons. Einstein bagels opened in honor of my visit (how nice of them!). Needless to say there was a lot of good lounge time, TT & Kate play time, and visiting old haunts. Kate just about broke my heart on day one when she started saying, “TT, I miss you.”
3) A very So Cal Thanksgiving. I got to hang out with fam and experience my little bro as a college freshman (which makes me feel really, really old. It also doesn’t help that 2011 marks 10 years since I completed my undergrad. Ay chihuaha!). I got my fill of shopping and did my best to avoid the annoying flat iron salespeople. They are everywhere and are attracted to my curly head like flies to honey!
4) Miami Beach (pre and post-cruise).
~Our first hotel in South Beach was amazing. Great design and great location (Sense South Beach). On our first full day there we headed out to see the beach and get a lay of the land and proceeded to get rained on. I’ve never been so drenched in all my life! We took refuge in a Cuban restaurant and it was a great choice. It rained most of the day so we busted tail back to the hotel in between downpours (caught sight of the Metropole of Jersey Shore fame along the way) and then ended up indoors the rest of the day.
~Our hotel after the cruise was not so great (Red hotel). It was way north of everything and not in the best neighborhood. We got to the hotel before a room was available so made the most of the time by heading to Lincoln Road Mall and catching “Little Fockers”. I was on the hunt for Dash – Miami and Miami Ink (i.e. Love and Hate Tattoo), but didn’t run into either. (The brother was eager to get back to the hotel)
5) Caribbean Christmas Cruise (post to come)
6) New Years Eve in Portland. I made it home with enough time to do laundry and sleep in my own bed for two nights before roadtriping down to Portland to hang out with some of my high school girls. We had a low key NYE reliving old times and playing catch-up. We also watched a ridiculous amount of movies. My host Kara tried to sell me on moving there so pulled out all the stops in showing me the sights. We waited in line for an hour to experience Voodoo donuts (totally worth it) and she took me to a great breakfast spot called The Tin Shed before I made the trek back.
I was then glad to have some downtime and no impending scheduled trips. Yeah, that lasted for about two days before I started getting bored. There’s been lots of reading and a bit of tv watching to fill my time. :] And now, I’ve got another sojourn planned in SoCal starting next week. I’m looking forward to soaking up some sun, seeing lots of friends, shopping, and a little roadtrip up to the Central Valley where I’ll probably be forced to watch a lot of Prison Break and be made to dress like Dog the Bounty Hunter’s Wife. Needless to say, I can’t wait!
2 comments:
So jealous that you made it to VooDoo Donuts. Eating at a Man V. Food place for me is like a celebrity sighting. That sounds a little sad.
I love to read about all your fun travel adventures!
Post a Comment