My good deed of the day was rescuing a little old lady from the bathroom stall. Weird? Yes. Blog worthy? Most definitely.
I was visiting the stinky bathroom down the hall from my office today at work (it usually smells like an outhouse one would find in a campground....sick, I know). Of course I was in a hurry to get to my waiting client and both of the stalls were taken. The handicapped stall was locked and I could see feet near the front of the other stall. I figured the person was just finishing up so I decided to wait. (Listening to someone's problems for 50 minutes while having to pee is never a good idea).
The person in the handicap stall comes out and so I go in and being the nosey person I am, was checking out the person's feet under the stall 'cuz they were still in there. They were now pointing perpendicularly to the toilet so I had no idea what they were doing in there. No flushing was happening, no puking, maybe crying? I hear them rattle the door a little bit, but still no voice or anything.
I make my way out of my stall and am washing my hands while debating if I should talk to the person or just hussle off to my client. I've been trying to listen to my intuition more these days and something was telling me to check on the person so I go and ask the person if they are alright.
She said that she was and was ready to come out, but didn't know how. I went over and pushed the door in (luckily she had managed to unlock it). That bathroom door opens into the stall and there wasn't enough leverage on the latch for her to pull it open. I realized later that you have to pull the top of the door in order for it to open which she must not have been able to reach. I have no idea how long she was actually in there. I think it might have been awhile though because after I let her out there was an old man waiting very close to the entrance looking anxious (whom I'd seen going in, but hadn't thought much about).
Moral of the story, folks? Being nosey in the bathroom might just make someone's day. :]
Camomflage
4 days ago
3 comments:
You're so great. You're a saint because you were willing to stay in that horribly stanky bathroom longer in order to help her.
Totally! Wow, how incredibly nice of you. I'm sure that little old lady was really grateful (or at least I hope she was). That's your good deed of the week! I never thought about it before, but that stall is kind of hard to get out of. Tricky.
Staying in a stinky bathroom to help (wo)mankind? I always knew you had it in you.
Post a Comment