So, I had an experience tonight that threw me for a loop. I was at a Church activity and had the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was chatting with a friend and was suddenly rammed from behind. I turned around to find that I'd just been run into by a guy who was (for reasons unknown) running around while pushing a garbage can on wheels. After ramming me he continued on running his garbage can around. Ok, bizarre first of all, but as the shock was wearing off I realized that it had actually hurt quite a bit and in checking out my leg found that he'd taken a chunk out of the back my ankle. The person continued to run around like an idiot until my friend called him out on the fact that he had in fact crashed into me...at which point he did apologize, but really didn't seem to care all that much. To make matters even worse I would wager a bet that this person couldn't even tell you my name, despite the fact that we've been attending church together for at least the last two years. And this is the LDS Church we are talking about here people, this means: 3+ hours on Sunday and then at least 1-2 other activities each week, our group can't be more than 75 on a good day and I probably wouldn't even need all my fingers to count the number of times I've missed church during that time. Now, don't I feel special? But, I digress.....
He said he thought he had bandaids in his car and offered to get me one which I said would be nice. I limped to the bathroom (looking like a complete idiot) and once there couldn't get the cut to stop bleeding and at this point started to get really pissed off. When I came back out and someone asked how I was doing he made some crack about seeing if I needed stitches.
What the heck is wrong with this guy that he thinks it's ok to crash into someone and not apologize? And to run into a woman no less! And did I mention that he's like 30?!!!!! Something I'd expect from an 18 year old, but come on you're 30! Granted, I know he didn't mean to hurt me, but from my friend's report of it, the running into me part seemed to be pretty intentional (in order to earn a laugh I guess) and it wasn't as if he had somehow lost control of the garbage can and immediately apologized. (Seriously, how assanine does it sound that I was injured by a 30 year old trying to be funny by playing with a garbage can on wheels? You can't make this crap up people! Only in Lubbock I say)
I hate that situations like these are becoming the norm and not the exception. Another freaking reason I have to get the heck out of Lubbock. I guess at least it gave me something to blog about. How's that for a re-frame? :]
Camomflage
4 days ago
1 comment:
I say you up the ante and try his same trick only use your car instead of a garbage can. We'll see whose laughing then. Let me know if you need me to come there and kick his butt.
Andy
Post a Comment